Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Cantu Hopes To Bounce Back



MLB.com reports that Jorge Cantu vowed he would enter 2007 in the best shape of his life during the final game of the 2006 season in Cleveland. "I put my mind toward getting better for this season," Cantu said. "I wasn't happy with last season. So I had to go a long way this winter." Since injuries hindered his development last season, Cantu believes that if he can get into better condition, he'll ward off another year on the DL. So he has spent two and three weeks at a time away from his home in Texas to work with Devil Rays' trainers. "It's just been all agility stuff," Cantu said. "All reaction. All range. And power. I've got power already, just [trying to] make it better."

Cantu hopes to get back to his 2005 numbers when he hit .286 with 28 homers and 117 RBI. "But be just a little better," Cantu said. "I hit 28 home runs, so I want to hit at least 29, and like that. Just continue to be successful." He'll be in the injury-risk sleeper category than a potential breakthrough Fantasy star this spring.
Source: CBS SportsLine.com