Monday, February 26, 2007

Kazmir: Throws Well



Scott Kazmir (shoulder) reported no pain and looked impressive while throwing batting practice against Carl Crawford, Delmon Young and Rocco Baldelli in the Devil Rays' camp on Saturday, the team web site reports. "I thought he looked good. He was throwing strikes. That's pretty much all he was worried about," Baldelli said after Kazmir's session.

Kazmir threw 39 pitches in 10 minutes against the top of the Rays' order, throwing mostly changeups, four-seam fastballs and "four or five sliders," Kazmir said. It was Kazmir's first live BP session this spring. "It was fun to get back out there in the swing of things ... all I was really trying to do was stay consistent and everything and not over throw. Everything felt free and easy, every pitch. Used my slider, which I haven't really thrown too much in my bullpen yet. Felt like I got a good feel for it today." So far this spring, Kazmir has reported no pain, and he said he has recovered easily after throwing.
Source: RotoWire